Bachelors degree or better. Organization, communication, training and people skills. Should be a resident of Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Organize and direct the annual International Literacy Training Institute held in Tulsa each summer.
Literacy & Evangelism International
ILTI Director Job Description
Responsible to: LEI North America/Europe Managing Director
Relates with: Distance Learning Director, ILTI Task Force, ILTI Assistant
Qualifications: Bachelors degree or better. Organization, communication, training and people skills. Should be a resident of Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Job Summary: Organize and direct the annual International Literacy Training Institute held in Tulsa each summer.
- Planning: Work with the ILTI Task Force to plan dates, set budget and fees, and plan schedule of next year’s ILTI. See Gantt Chart for more details.
- Publicity: Approve brochure. Arrange for website, social media, hard-copy mailing, e-mail, and other promotion opportunities. Recruit needed helpers such as interns to assist with dorm management responsibilities. Arrange for a scholarship solicitation mailing.
- Curriculum: With the ILTI Task Force, finalize the curriculum and correspond with former instructors to confirm schedule.
- Task Force: Serve on ILTI Task Force to approve applicants, set scholarship amounts, oversee correspondence between LEI and applicants. Lead monthly meetings prior to and after ILTI and weekly meetings during the Institute. Track progress using Gantt chart.
- Tutor Place: Work closely with Dorm Manager to prepare the facility to house students for the training. Plan for improvements/repairs as needed. Assure sufficient volunteers are enlisted to provide the noon meal each day.
- During ILTI
- Welcome and orient participants to the course at the start of the Institute.
- Welcome and introduce instructors as they begin their first class.
- Meet weekly with Task Force to discuss progress, problems, upcoming classes, activities, income and expenses.
- Meet with instructors, students and staff concerning issues arising during ILTI.
- Approve the graduation program.
- Purchase gift cards for instructors, staff and others.
- Arrange for exit interviews with students.
- Graduation: In the year preceding the year of the ILTI, arrange for a graduation venue, graduation lunch venue, and a graduation speaker.
- Recreation: plan visits to staff homes, Tulsa tour, ORU, aquarium, and other activities
- Evaluate the ILTI program, instructors, students etc.
- Review budget in light of income/expenses.
- Write thank you notes to instructors, staff and others.