This person should have: A passion for the nations and for helping national gospel workers who are doing full-time ministry with LEI in their own countries. Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with people, in both one-to-one and group situations. Ability to organize programs and people. College education preferred. Accept LEI Covenant Commitment and Statement of Faith. The ideal candidate knows Jesus as personal Lord and Savior, is called by God to Christian work and witness, and feels God’s leading to work with LEI.
LEI National Missionaries are instrumental in helping local churches start literacy ministries because they already speak the language, know the culture, and are readily accepted by their community. The National Missionary Coordinator serves as a liaison whose role is to encourage these gospel workers, help them find financial and prayer partners, and help them become self-sufficient through micro-enterprise. Reports to the relevant LEI Regional Director.
1. Mentor each assigned National Missionary (NM) by phone, Skype &/or email each month to encourage, and to discuss issues, plans, etc.
2. Provide communication support, including helping the NM define roles, lines of authority, and necessary communication links. Be a fund-raising liaison in the U.S. This includes working alongside the NM to make sure there are financial and prayer partners to provide ministry support by strategically involving the NM in doing this directly with supporters.
3. Be a fund-raising liaison in the U.S. This includes working alongside the NM to make sure there are financial and prayer partners for ministry support. Help the NM to be strategically involved in doing this directly with supporters.
4. Help NMs develop micro-business opportunities where tent-making is an appropriate means to support their literacy ministry.
5. Review annual goals and strategies. This includes discussing the completed LEI Annual Review Form at the beginning of each year. On a quarterly basis review progress toward goals established for a given year. This needs to be done in the context of a country or region as a whole, helping the NM fit into the larger picture of LEI work.
6. Pray daily and specifically for the NM’s ministry and work of LEI.
7. Visit each NM in person at least every 2 years.
Support: Raises own support.