To have a call of God to Christian work and God’s leading to work with LEI; to have good administrative and interpersonal skills, ability to forge new relationships and represent LEI ministries to organizations and individuals. Agree to the LEI Statement of Faith and Covenant Commitment. Educational Requirements: College/University.
To engage U.S. churches and individuals to enhance LEI’s mission. To assist funding missionaries to reach fully-funded status, and to pursue opportunities for LEI ministries.
Literacy & Evangelism International
POSITION: U.S. Regional Ministry Representative
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Partner Development
OBJECTIVE: To engage U.S. churches and individuals to enhance LEI’s mission. To assist funding missionaries to reach fully funded status and pursue opportunities for LEI ministries.
QUALIFICATIONS: To have a call of God to Christian work and God’s leading to work with LEI; to have good administrative and interpersonal skills, ability to forge new relationships and represent LEI inistries to organizations and individuals. Agree to the LEI Statement of Faith and Covenant Commitment. Educational Requirements: College/University.
- Engage churches in the United States in the call to make disciples in all nations utilizing strategies such as:
- Building strong relationships with pastors through regular visits, calls, emails, etc., gaining an understanding of the churches’ interest and opportunities for missions involvement
- Scheduling missionary speakers, including candidates, in churches
- Speaking at church missions conferences and events
- Recommending and providing literacy missions resources to local church leaders.
- Assist funding missionaries and candidates in their fundraising efforts by:
- Scheduling appointments/speaking engagements with churches in the region for Sunday, Wednesday, etc. services, mission conferences, home group meetings, etc.
- Providing regional expertise, coaching, encouragement and monitoring funding progress.
- Present the ministry of Literacy & Evangelism to churches, businesses, schools and individuals to bring greater awareness of the ministry overall through such means as:
- Conducting motivational and training conferences/events for missions
- Presenting LEI ministry opportunities at business and university functions, missions/denominational annual conferences and other appropriate venues.
4. Pursue further LEI ministry opportunities with churches/individuals such as:
- Missions trips and special project opportunities
- Missionary recruitment and donor contact .
- Cultivate relationships with other like-minded ministries for potential collaboration.
- Provide timely communications and reports to headquarters on activities in the region and maintain adequate files on contacts and correspondence.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to forge new relationships and represent LEI Ministries to organizations and individuals
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Ability to take initiative and be innovative to meet deadlines
- Ability to schedule and plan events and perform public speaking as necessary
- Organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and manage budget and expenses
- Knowledge of Literacy & Evangelism International’s mission, policies and procedures
- MS Office computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel in the region.