Equipping the church to share the message of Jesus Christ through the gift of reading.
“Winning souls to Christ…”
The vision for Literacy & Evangelism International was born out of the Korean mission experience of Dr. Bob Rice. While studying literacy, Dr. Rice was influenced and mentored by Frank Labauch, a pioneer in literacy mission work. Labauch endorsed Dr. Rice’s vision, stating, “The Literacy and Evangelism program is closer to the heart of God than any other…because (it can) win souls to Christ.”
“Equipping the Church…”
For 50 years, LEI’s unique methodology has been adapted into primers in more than 240 languages around the world. The vision of LEI has influenced the development of literacy organizations spanning the globe.
- Literacy & Evangelism International Canada
- Alfabetização e Evangelização Internacional (AEI Brazil)
- Partners in Literacy Ministry (PALM Kenya)
- Global Literacy Ministry (GLM South Korea)
- Literacy & Evangelism Ghana (L&E Ghana)
LEI is equipping the Church to share the message of Jesus Christ through the gift of reading.