National Missionary Coordinator
Responsible to: LEI Regional Director
Qualifications: A passion for the nations and for helping national gospel workers doing full-time ministry with LEI in their own countries; Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with people, in both one-to-one and group situations; Ability to organize programs and people; College education preferred; Accept LEI Covenant Commitment and Statement of Faith.
Job Summary: Our national missionaries are instrumental in helping local churches start literacy ministries - they already speak the language, know the culture, and are readily accepted by their community. The National Missionary Coordinator serves as a liaison whose role is to encourage these gospel workers, help them find financial/prayer partners, and help them become self-sufficient through micro enterprise. Reports to the relevant LEI Regional Director.
Complete Job Description:
1. Mentoring - Phone, Skype &/or email monthly to encourage, discuss issues and plans.
2. Provide communication support. This includes working with the LEI National Missionary (NM) on his/her roles, lines of authority, and communications issues.
3. Fund-raising liaison in the US. This includes working alongside the NM to make sure there are partners in ministry. Work with the NM to get him or her strategically involved in doing this directly with supporters.
4. Help NMs develop micro business opportunities where tent making is an appropriate means to support their literacy ministry.
5. Review annual goals and strategies. This includes discussing the completed LEI Annual Review Form, at the beginning of each year. On a quarterly basis review progress toward goals established for a given year. This needs to be done in the context of a country or region as a whole helping the NM fit into the larger picture of LEI work.
6. Pray daily and specifically for the NM's ministry and work of LEI.
7. Visit NM in person at least every 2 years.
Copyright © 2015 Literacy & Evangelism. All rights reserved.