Overseas Literacy Consultant
Managing Director of relevant region
Develop literacy and/or English Language Ministry (ELM) in assigned area. Conduct literacy/ELM tutor-training courses in cooperation with local churches. Encourage indigenous literacy/ELM programs. If literacy materials need to be developed, coordinate primer construction workshops in needed languages.
1. Learn language(s) and culture of assigned area. Become fluent/proficient in primary language.
2. Develop relationship with indigenous churches and individuals. Promote awareness of literacy/ELM needs in the area, and the positive results possible through developing literacy/ELM programs. Promote awareness of LEI materials, and the services and training offered by LEI, its missionaries, and affiliates.
3. Assist in developing literacy materials in local languages if necessary.
4. Train tutors and leaders at Literacy and/or ELM Tutor Training Workshops. Develop and encourage indigenous leaders and supervisors of local programs.
5. Encourage development and progress of ongoing literacy and ELM programs.
6. Plan and lead promotional and informational meetings, conferences, and other speaking opportunities throughout the assigned area.
7. Accountability: Maintain contact by brief quarterly reports sent to Regional Director with copy to LEI Headquarters. Report and relate to any umbrella or covering organizations on the field, if such arrangements have been made.
Term of Service: Two year initial term. Career desired.
Support: Raises own support.
You can download, complete and email an application to [email protected]