Local ministry experience a must. Cross-cultural mission experience (local or international) is a plus. Available to travel. Team oriented and has good leadership and communication skills. Enjoys variety. Able to live out of a suitcase. Hard worker who is flexible and relational. Accept LEI Covenant Commitment and Statement of Faith. The ideal candidate knows Jesus as personal Lord and Savior, is called by God to Christian work and witness, and feels God’s leading to work with LEI.
The coordinator assists and prepares our field staff to receive short-term ministry teams and/or individuals. This person provides on-site leadership throughout a team’s international mission. The Coordinator communicates with both the field staff and local U.S. churches regarding the vision, and ultimately the details, of service opportunities.
1. Work with ministry teams and individuals as they prepare to serve cross-culturally.
2. Train both field staff to receive teams and/or individuals, and train short term missionaries to go.
3. Lead with integrity according to the needs and authority of the local ministry leaders being served.
4. Provide a bridge between multiple cultures within a service opportunity.
5. Support and encourage staff, team leaders, team members, and local ministry leaders.
6. Conduct orientations, team meetings, and debriefs in conjunction with team and church leaders.
7. Serve as the conduit of information during every phase of the experience: before, during, and after.
8. Maintain accurate record of finances and team details.
9. Maintain personal disciplines that strengthen your relationship with the Lord
Terms of Service: Prefer two year initial term.